Centre for Better Health counselling and psychotherapy service provides inexpensive access to talking therapies.
The Centre for Better Health offers a low-cost integrative counselling service that adheres to BACP guidelines.
Sessions are available Monday to Friday from 9am- 5pm, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evening sessions are from 5pm- 8pm. Sessions take place on the same day and time each week and last for 50 minutes each.
Our service is unique
- people can self-refer
- we work with clients on average for five months (guideline based on 2015 data)
- our team of counsellors and psychotherapists offer a wide range of therapeutic approaches such as Person Centred, Gestalt, Existential, Core Process and Psychodynamic.
Concerns addressed include
Aggression, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Domestic Problems, Emotional Difficulties, LGBT, PTSD, Relationship Problems, Stress and Work Related Difficulties.
- £5 per session for clients who are unemployed and receiving benefits
- £10 per session for clients who are in part time employment, self- employed, unemployed and not receiving benefits and student counsellors
- £20 per session for clients who are in full time employment and for evening sessions.
How to apply:
Please feel free to drop in to obtain an application form.
What happens next?
We will match your availability with a suitable counsellor.
Due to the high demand for our services our waiting list has increased. Current waiting times for a daytime appointment are up to 4 months and around 6 months for an evening appointment. However in some cases it may take longer.
What clients say about our Counselling Service
“I find this service essential to my health and wellbeing. I don’t think I’d be as well as I have been without this talking therapy”
“This is a terrific service for which I am incredibly grateful and value highly. The fact that it is low cost is something to be cherished”
“I find the service offered to be excellent and a life saver, I am extremely grateful for the existence of the Centre for Better Health”