The Centre for Better Health offers a low-cost integrative counselling service that adheres to BACP guidelines.
Sessions are available Monday to Friday from 9am- 5pm, Wednesday and Thursday evenings from 5pm- 8pm. Sessions take place the same day and time each week and last for 50 minutes each.
Our service is unique
- as people can self-refer
- we offer counselling for up to one year
- our waiting times are short
- our team of counsellors and psychotherapists offer a wide range of therapeutic approaches such as CBT, Person Centred, Gestalt, Existential and Psychodynamic.
Concerns addressed include;
Aggression, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Domestic Problems, Emotional Difficulties, LGBT, PTSD, Relationship Problems, Stress, Multiple Factors, Substance Abuse and Work Related Difficulties.
- £5 per session for clients who are unemployed and receiving benefits
- £10 per session for clients who are in part time employment, self- employed, unemployed and not receiving benefits and student counsellors
- £20 per session for clients who in full time employment and evening sessions.
How to apply
Please leave your details with a member of staff and an application form will be posted to you.
Please feel free to obtain an application form by visiting in person.
What happens next?
We will match your availability with a suitable counsellor. Dependent on the current waiting list, we aim for this process to take less than 6 weeks. However in some cases it may take longer.
What clients say about our Counselling Service
‘I find this service essential to my health and wellbeing. I don’t think I’d be as well as I have been without this talking therapy’
‘This is a terrific service for which I am incredibly grateful and value highly. The fact that it is low cost is something to be cherished’
‘I find the service offered to be excellent and a life saver, I am extremely grateful for the existence of the Centre for Better Health’